Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Home for the holidays

I made it back to Tarsus yesterday evening after a wonderful ten days back home.  The trip back home started off with a bang when my family and Nate were there at the airport with roses and hugs.  I was super excited to go out for Mexican food that night and get a real margarita before crashing at about 10:00.  Anne and Katie came over the next evening for some chili, wine, Christmas cookies, and conversation.  It was awesome to see them, as well as educate my parents on what a "hookah" is.  Christmas eve was spent eating lots of yummy food and watching my favorite movie, It's a Wonderful Life.  Nate and I went to his mom and stepdad's place on Christmas day where we got to soak it up in the hot tub and enjoy an awesome prime rib dinner.  A few days later I got to see my old roommates and some friends for some more Mexican food at Pepito's.  Then came the big family wedding!  What a beautiful celebration it turned out to be.  It was wonderful to see both of my grandmothers at the groom's dinner on Friday night.  We enjoyed some homemade port after the groom's dinner, made by Jake's dad.  The next day was jam packed....hair appointments, getting ready, the wedding itself, followed by photos and then the reception.  The reception was really fun, filled with lots of food, dancing, conversation, and more homemade drinks (beer this time!).  Unfortnately, I have no photos to share at this time, but soon there should be some wedding photos posted on facebook.  It was so nice to be home and to spend all that time with Nate and my family.  Next up on my agenda is a two-week trip to Barcelona.  I have my plane tickets and lots of ideas, but no set travel plans yet for once I get there.  Nate and I are also in the planning stages for our trip to northern Italy.  So there is a lot of planning to do.....good thing I enjoy doing those kinds of things :) 

I hope everybody had a wonderful holiday and New Year's!  Best wishes for a happy new year...

No comments:

Post a Comment