Wednesday, August 15, 2012

4 More Days.....!

To my family, friends, and anyone else who stumbles upon this website....welcome to my travel blog!  In a few short days I will be moving to Tarsus, Turkey to teach third grade English for two years.  Background story:  I went to a job fair in Waterloo, Iowa with an open mind.  Tarsus American School was the first school I interviewed with, and ultimately the position I accepted.  Here is a photo of part of the school campus:

Just a little different than any other school I have taught at previously!
I will be part of the English team at the school, teaching language arts lessons to the five third grade classes. One aspect I am already excited about (my fellow teacher friends will appreciate this) is that I will not have to set up a classroom upon arriving!  It will be different and refreshing to focus on language lessons only and utilize strategies, resources, and ideas that seem to fall by the wayside at times as a regular classroom teacher.  

I look forward to sharing my experiences as well as using this blog as a way to communicate and stay in contact with my family and friends far away.  Please feel free to share any knowledge or advice you have about Turkey or European travel (another bonus!).

1 comment:

  1. Nicole,

    I love it, and I look forward to reading this with my morning coffee.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete