Monday, September 10, 2012

Apartment and school

I have been writing for a while now that I will post photos of my apartment and school, so here they are!  Today was the first day of school for students.  There were many parents that came for the opening ceremony and helped students bring their books and materials to their homerooms.  I saw some third graders with rolling suitcases of books and materials!  The opening ceremony consisted of the national anthem and speeches.  I was really surprised at how well the third graders listened throughout the ceremony (standing in lines!).  Everyone agreed that afterwards the students listened better than their parents during the ceremony.  Here are some photos from the first day:


Third graders waiting after the ceremony!
After school, I walked into a freshly cleaned apartment!  Today was the first day my cleaning lady came and it was amazing to walk in and see everything put away and clean.  I figured it would be a good day to take some photos and share, so here they are!

Living room

Kitchen and dining room

My bedroom

And my Turkish toilet!  To be used for storing cleaning supplies
Tomorrow is the first day of teaching for me, followed by parent meetings, then tennis lessons!  If you want to see more photos, I just made a big album on facebook.  Also, if anyone has skype add me!  My username is nicole.dimberg.  Right now I am eight hours ahead of central time zone, which makes it tricky to find good times during the week, but weekends are much more flexible.  I hope everyone is enjoying the fall colors in Minnesota, I know I will be missing them!



No comments:

Post a Comment